Monday

Somthing new Learning to love my hair




So I am working through this whole "go natural" and rock it with confidence thing. Well this has made me think about the movie "Something New" With Sanaa Lathan. If you saw this movie then you remember the scene where Sanaa's love interest tells her that he would like to see her real hair and then Sanaa takes out her weave and her love interest who happens to be a white man loves it so much. Her African American Love interest on the other hand wants her to put the weave back in. Well I must admit that my Husband loves my hair, but I have had a few white men hit on me sense my weave is out! For whatever reason white men like the natural hair and black men may prefer a weave. Is it that they somewhere subconsciously want a white woman? I am not saying that that is the answer but I am saying that that could be a strong possibility. Whatever black men want is what they want and I am happy to know that my black man wants me! And I am happy to be able to say that with confidence! Anyway enough with my monolauge.....All I can say now is that every week that passes I become more comfortable with my hair. I am experiencing baby steps. I am learning to love myself and my hair and I hope that I can encourage you to grow your natural hair out and rock it love it and love you!

1 Comments:

At March 28, 2009 at 4:55 PM , Anonymous babybrown said...

Hello Kristen! This is BabyBrown from mommabrown(dot)com. I think we spoke awhile ago and I featured you on my site...

well I love this post... My fiance is White and he loves my natural hair and is supportive of me learning how to love it too...

I had a 'Brother' say something really negative about kinky-nappy or as he called it 'nigger' natural hair...he was/is so stupid, the 'hair' that he was complimenting me on was a 'natural looking weave' LOL... and my texture is kinky, thick and it lovely!

Sometimes 'our brothers' really miss the mark... I think its deeper than race, I think its a mature, supportive mindset that some Black men lack when it comes to Black womens beauty...and their own inner beauty...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home